Pinnacle DV Studio problems

jaimie 18:59 02 Jan 03
  jaimie 18:59 02 Jan 03

I have installed Pinnacle DV Studio on my PC running XP Home 900Hz Athlon 256meg memory. Does anyone know why pinnacle is underreporting my hard disk capacity, it reports drive C as having 10 minutes of time capture when there is 6GBytes free and drive F as 17 minutes of capture time when there is 18 GBytes free? I'm on Ver 1.03.500 studio DV It seems to think I only have few megabytes in stead of many Gigabytes. Any advice greatfully received.

Thank you in advance and happy new year to all Advisors on this forum

stlucia 14:07 06 Jan 03

Doesn't sound too far off the mark to me! My Studio DV uses about 1Gb for every 2-or-so minutes of full-quality capture.

If you change the setting to "preview" quality (I think that's what it's called) Pinnacle won't take so much HDD space, but you'll need to connect the camera when you want to create a movie because Pinnacle will then need to access the original full-quality data from the tape, instead of from the HDD.

ordep 15:29 06 Jan 03

stlucia is spot on there. if you use full quality capture you'll need twice the HD space + its a right rig marole when you come to make movie

jaimie 19:14 06 Jan 03

Thanks stlucia and ordep, least I now know nothing's wrong and will probably fit a bigger HDD.

Thankx again for your help

Regards
Jaimie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…