Pinnacle DV software not recognising DVD writer

Justabitbaffled 09:50 20 Jan 04

I have recently purchased Pinnacle studio8 with firewire card etc.
I am able t import DV onto my machine and edit etc. However, when I attempt to make a DVD the software doesnt recognise my Pioneer DVR 106 D burner.

I have updated the list of burners in the registry but have had no success.

Incidentally the burner is recognised (and used daily for file backup)by Roxio easy CD creator.

Any comments would be useful and recieved with tahnks

bremner 09:53 20 Jan 04

Pinnacle Studio has a history of problems when it comes to burning DVD's. You will find other threads relating to this.

I too have a DVR 106 and gave up trying to burn using Pinnacle.

I now capture, edit and save as mpeg using Pinnacle and then create and burn the DVD's using Ulead Movie Factory 2.

stlucia 10:22 20 Jan 04

I would recommend creating your MPEG2s using Pinnacle, and then burning your DVDs with whatever burning software came with your burner -- or Roxio if it's the version that does DVDs.

Legally, that might not be the answer you're looking for, for Pinnacle 8 should be able to burn a DVD. But at least it will get the job done reliably.

BigMoFoT 10:24 20 Jan 04

Roxio's own ASPI layer and software may be preventing pinnacle from recognisisng the drive, have you updated the pinnacle software?

Justabitbaffled 10:39 20 Jan 04

BigMoFot

I have updated pinnacle to its latest version (8.10?)

I am reluctant to change anything with the roxio software other than perhaps buying the roxio DVD burning software? I understand it also has limited DV editing capability; any thoughts?

scotty 11:04 20 Jan 04

The problem is almost certainly a conflict between Studio and the packet writing software in the Roxio software. I have similar problems with my set-up.

One option is to disable directCD. I did not want to do this as I have many discs I use for backing up data which use directCD.

My solution was to purchase Nero Express 6 from click here for £4.98. I use Studio to create the disc content and then use Nero to burn the disc. It does involve one more step but it has worked well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac