Pinnacle Dv Capture Problems-PLEASE HELP!!

Having finally got Audio playback in Pinnacle I hooked up my Sony PC120E Dv Camcorder and got the dreaded, "Pinnacle cannot initialise the DV capture Device". I did all the usual things- restarted put the lead in again, checked DirectX diag. The drivers that are loaded for the camcorder are the MS drivers, but these are the ones that the Pinnacle manual says that should be installed. They show under "Imaging Device " when the cam is connected and on, in Device Manager, so it is recognising the connection. I really would appreciate some help, I am starting to get really down about pinnacle and I was so enthusiatic to start off with My device manager show the shows the 1934 Bus controller and the correct OCh driver under it .In DX diagnostics under Input there are no input devices shown & no probs. reported.I am running Win 98SE & trying (and rapidly giving up!) top use Pinnacle Studio DV V. 8.5
Neither devices are flagged as having probs in DM.
HELP!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…