Pinnacle - background formatting problem

humbug59 14:06 02 Feb 06

Hi, I'm using Pinnacle 8.5 on a new XP Mesh computer with a 4 year old Pinnacle studio DC10plus capture card. All is well until I burn to DVD, It goes through the burn process, then I get to the message "DISC BURNING COMPLETE WAITING FOR BACKGROUND FORMATTING TO FINISH" It just seems to hang there and never completes the task. Any ideas please?

namtas 14:10 02 Feb 06

Have you also tried the Pinnacle user forum, it is quite well supported.

click here

humbug59 14:12 02 Feb 06

Thanks I'll try that.

doc999 14:37 02 Feb 06

Hi, I have had the same problem with Pinncale, as well as using Cyberlink.

It seems there are known issue's using these with MS-XP. Microsoft advised me that both would cause problems and to use Nero, sadly versions of that play up as well.

Nero 6 re-loaded seems to work fine.

humbug59 16:12 02 Feb 06

Thanks Doc, I've been messing all day with it & I have found as you say, burning disc content to HD, then copying to DVD via Nero seems to have worked but it seems like a "sticking plaster" approach when the software should do its job.
Thanks again - Humbug59

humbug59 01:08 05 Feb 06

Doc999, if your still monitoring this problem, I would be interested to know how you burn the DVD using nero6. I can burn a normal DVD by dragging the contents into the video_ts file. However if I add titles, it throws wobblers and wont burn.
Did you encounter/overcome this problem?
Humbug59

doc999 13:04 08 Feb 06

Humbug59,
I use Nero 6.6 Reloaded and have no problems using it just use the drop down icons as you would for a cd to burn discs. If you cant get nero to work and it sometimes has a problem with MS-XP, then one of the best freebies is Burn4Free which you can get at:

click here

humbug59 14:13 08 Feb 06

Thanks for your help doc999 - I'll have a look at that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…