Pinnacle 9.5 and a DV using USB2

woodchip 22:11 09 Aug 05

Cannot get Pinnacle to accept USB2. it keeps asking for DV cable connection. I Do not have a cable at the Moment but will get one. But it should work With USB2. It can see the Camera a JVS GR-D50EK. But it's insisting on a Firewire cable WHY????? One thing I have not tried is the SVidio and does have one for Video in out editing. I do have a Cable and a Tevion Capture devise that accepts Svideo.

BLH 22:41 09 Aug 05

You might get better help on the Pinnacle site under support and forum click here hope this helps Bri.

woodchip 10:35 10 Aug 05

Ticked as I only got one Reply

Bagsey 13:02 10 Aug 05

I dont know of any digital video camera ( In my experience) that uses usb to transfer data. They all use Firewire. I may be wrong here but I think not. Originally firewire was a lot faster that usb1 so firewire became the norm. Now we know that once a standard is set then it tends to stay that way unless there is a very BIG change available. USB2 is a bit faster than firewire but not enough to warrant a big upheavel is systen change. Hence Pinnacle use Firewire.

woodchip 15:12 10 Aug 05

It's got four different way's to transfer data, USB2. DV or Firewire two way, Svidio two way, and AV two way. no idea if the USB2 does it two way. My other Programs work OK with USB2. Like Serif MoviPlus 4. MyDVD and other all see and work with USB2. Pinnacle is the most Expensive and yet will not go with USB2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…