Pink Screen

griffo 11:43 23 Jan 05

The screen on my PC has gone pink - no other faults that I'm aware of. Tried rebooting, no change. Any ideas please?

PA28 11:47 23 Jan 05

If it's a CRT then sounds like the blue gun has failed. Substitute another monitor to confirm that it's the monitor and not the graphics card/drivers.

bremner 11:49 23 Jan 05

Had this as well with a CRT - diagnosed as PA28 has reported.

Cost virtually more to repair than buy new.

griffo 11:51 23 Jan 05

thanks for response, will try that. At the time of your reply it has returned to normal (for the moment- as it reverted to normal for about 10 seconds shortly after submitting my post onto the forum). Do you still think it's the 'gun'?

johnnyrocker 11:52 23 Jan 05

pink screen is a lack of green drive, check seating on graphics card, if anyway technical (if not do NOT attempt this) remove the cabinet and tap around the tube base for possible dry joints etc, also check connecting cable from pc to monitor by unpluuging and re plugging.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 11:53 23 Jan 05

in the light of developments my suggestion is likely to resolvs.

johnny

griffo 11:56 23 Jan 05

I'm not sure but I think the graphics is integrated on the motherboard. Screen has been normal now for several minutes. Any further thoughts?

johnnyrocker 12:12 23 Jan 05

only my points re cables to monitor or the crt base in monitor but ONLY if you are technically competent or if you know someone you could as them to check for possible dry noints in the green drive circuit.

johnny.

griffo 12:19 23 Jan 05

Cheers to all, monitor has bahaved for some time now - fingers crossed. If it goes again or gets more frequent, I'll follow johnny's suggestions.

regards

Gongoozler 12:25 23 Jan 05

Hi griffo. I occasionally get this same problem. In my case it is caused by the monitor cable being kinked where it exits from the connector behind the base unit. If the computer is pushed too hard against the wall the cable is compressed, presumably causing a partial breakdown of the insulation.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:06 23 Jan 05

If you follow johnnyrocker sugestion (good one)
beware high voltages in monitor even when switched off and unplugged.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…