Pinging using Linux

EmBeZzLeR 12:57 28 May 03

as i cannot seem to ping using linux because i cannot configure it to use my usb modem i was wondering if anyone could tell me what is displayed in a single line of output from a ping? or could someone give me a link to the software i can install on my pc so i can have a linux type environment?

thx

Dr. Charles 14:36 28 May 03

You should have an Options bar in linux which lets you choose printers and modems etc. Its not very obvious but you go on the edge of the option and it opens downwards . You just select and click and that should be all.

Hang on I will just check on my other `puter which is linux and try and be more precise

Charles

Dr. Charles 14:49 28 May 03

I am using linux redhat 7.2 and you just go to system setting and take it from there - -no problems. Choose a printer etc.

You should have an automatic search for any new hardware when you Bootup, mine does. Its a simple system to use really

Regards,

Charles

EmBeZzLeR 17:39 28 May 03

and it won't detect the USB modem for my Broadband connection.

Dr. Charles 18:06 28 May 03

I have to go out now but I shall be back about 9-30 if its not solved for you I will dig back to linux 6 but it really should be the same.

Regards

Charles

Dr. Charles 18:11 28 May 03

usbview is the utility for viewing usb devices. Is that present?

Dr. Charles 18:18 28 May 03

Do you have the Dial up configuration connection from Gnome???

I am looking in a manual of about 1200 pages, will get back to you later

Charles

EmBeZzLeR 18:46 28 May 03

i meant i was using Linux 8... i do have a dial up config connection from Gnome... sorry for the delay in replying, i'm having internet trouble.

Dr. Charles 22:03 28 May 03

Hi ,
I have just got in after a meeting. Have you got things sorted now??. I will look tomorrow.

Regards

Charles

Hi ,
I have just got in after a meeting. Have you got things sorted now??. I will look tomorrow.

Regards

Charles

Refresh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…