ping problem

Andy-2004 19:48 04 Jan 04

Ping Problem
lastchip and myself have spent several hours via msn trying to resolve this problem.

I was trying to share my internet with the ps2 for online gaming, however i could not find any options for lan, then i got help from lastchip who said in another thread

"It centered around the on-board LAN not being enabled. This has now ben rectified and XP is indicating the device is working properly.

However, having set up a manual TCP/IP address, the machine consistently fails to ping, so there is something wrong in the basic setup of this device.

Has anyone come across this and can help Andy-2004 further?"

can any one help us to figure out the puzzle???

faithfully-andy-2004

LastChip 21:16 04 Jan 04

Remember the Device Manager and the Network address situation, well where it say's value, enter the network address we agreed. See if it makes a difference.

Also, check your motherboard manual and see what the on board LAN supports in the way of speed (10 or 100) and whether it is half or full duplex.

LastChip 21:43 04 Jan 04

If your ps2 and computer are connected directly, are you using a crossover cable, as a direct cable will throw the system into confusion.

LastChip 22:10 04 Jan 04

Try the ping we discussed without any network cable attached at all.

Andy-2004 22:14 04 Jan 04

would it be possible that all the problems are due to a faulty cable

ind i dont know what cable i am useing

i am using the 1 which came in the kit which is Apperently to be used for an ethernet connection

LastChip 22:19 04 Jan 04

Andy-2004 22:23 04 Jan 04

it says in the manual

rtl801bl is a fast ethernet phyciever with an mll (media independnt interface)/ SNI (serial network interface). it can be used as a network interface adapter. MAU, CNR, ACR, ethernet hub and ethernet switch

It is encoporated in the chipset providing the mainboard with 10/100Mps fast ethernet controler and intergrated ethernet and PCE LAN capabilities

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now