Pinball.inf Missing

Scott_the_Scot 11:57 16 Dec 03

When my friend tries to open control panel in XP he gets the error message that pinball.inf is missing. Any ideas where I can get a copy of this file and where it should live.

MAJ 12:12 16 Dec 03

It should be in C:\Windows\inf and you should be able to get it from your XP installation disk.

smegs 12:18 16 Dec 03

It will be on the XP disk

Scott_the_Scot 12:22 16 Dec 03

He says that he cannot find his XP install disk. I have not used XP so for being a bit vague but is there a way he could use the recovery points to solve the problem. If so how would he go about doing this.

MAJ 12:29 16 Dec 03

If the error has only just started to happen then, yes a System Restore will probably fix things. Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore and restore to a date before the error started occurring. Alternatively, email me with your email address and I'll send you pinball.inf, you can then send it to your mate and tell him to copy it to the C:\Windows\inf folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…