Piece of software you couldn't live without?

powerless 00:16 27 May 03

I hope this is allowed.

...But just been going through the installed programs having a look at what is installed and was just wondering what would I do if I uninstalled one of them.

What else/alternative could I use?

I guess the one piece of sotfware I really like and use is...Well... Microsoft Internet Explorer - ok, ok, so its already installed and there are alternatives. But I find MSIE suits me fine, it's fast for me and very easy to use and well I've been with with since version 4 (i think) and it does what I want it to do.

I have tried Opera and although it is a nice browser to use, I went back to MSIE.

So "Piece of software you couldn't live without?" Micorsofts Internet Explorer for me!

ton 00:23 27 May 03

Windows, without it I would have to learn Linux or something.

powerless 00:26 27 May 03

Well i like that reply. But you had to learn Windows...

kane_2002k 00:27 27 May 03

if i had to pick one then medal of honor

DieSse 00:33 27 May 03

Well - there't the obvious like Windows and IE and Office - But for utilities

Acrobat Reader

and top of the tops - The Google Toolbar - gets you anything you want off the web - the best add-on ever!

fitshase 00:36 27 May 03

Not sure whether this counts but......

I don't think I could live without the various hardware driver software.

Just think, you plug your nice new printer in and nothing happens. You try to click on install but your mouse doesn't work. You don't here any warning beeps cos Windows doesn't know your sound card.

Come to think of it, you wouldn't know cos your graphics card drivers would not be there so all you would see was a blank screen!

Anyway, if that does not count then I would have to agree with "ton" and say Windows (or at least Internet Explorer/Outlook Express).

powerless 00:39 27 May 03

Winzip *tear drips from eye*

Have not used that since, well i forgot. No need to compress anything and with the broadband sending and recieving files... - Winzip has gone and Windows XP compressed file is it's replacemnt.

(well ok ZIPPED file)

crx1600 00:51 27 May 03

Partition magic, without it id only have one OS, winME and wouldn't use XP at all, or 98lite, or have back-ups, or have all my multimedia files in their own partition.

im ashamed to say i dont have a 'drive image' type program yet, but they should also rate highly.

lemon2 01:05 27 May 03

Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat, Mailwasher Pro, System Mechanic spring quickly to mind.

ton 02:19 27 May 03

Apart from the obvious like Windows and Office etc. Partition Magic and Drive Image, I wouldn't like to be without these two. Google is another must have. Winamp I use a lot. Another small program I find I use almost everyday is Yankee Clipper which is freeware. Also EnditAll gets a lot of use, another free one.

Djohn 02:31 27 May 03

and do use at times, even if it's just a play around with. Two programs I would keep, if that's all I could have, would be my web browser and "Word" from Office. These two programs are used constantly. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…