Pictures and the X

Enoch 13:25 16 Aug 05

Occasionally, when reading web pages I find that the occasional picture or artwork has been replaced by a red X, but other pictures are showing. When I right click on the X and key "Show Picture", nothing happens. My level of security is medium as recommended.

Any advice would be appreciated

mattyc_92 13:27 16 Aug 05

That usually means either a) your secuirty (anti-spam usualy) software has blocked it/them from loading so the website is faster, or b) the images are missing from the server, so it is nothing to do with you.

Hope that helps.

Happy Soul 13:27 16 Aug 05

Enoch, look to the left hand side for Search and enter Red X, you'll get loads of info.

Enoch 18:56 16 Aug 05

Sorry for being late in replying. "'Er indoors" took me shopping.

mattyc_92: If that is the answer, I will have to learn to live with it. Nevertheless, thanks for replying.

Happy Soul: Please explain as I do not understand what you meant by "look to the left hand side for Search and enter Red X, you'll get loads of info".

VoG II 18:59 16 Aug 05
  Enoch 19:33 16 Aug 05

VoG™

Thanks.

johnnyrocker 20:00 16 Aug 05

did it fix it?

johnny.

Happy Soul 22:56 16 Aug 05

Sorry I never made myself clear Enoch.

If you look to the top left side of the screen, blue section, you will see a search box. Type 'Red X' in the box, click on the white arrow in green box and you will be presented with a number of threads giving the answer to your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…