Pictures in Word

paul_allard 12:14 20 Jan 04

Sometimes, but not every time, I insert a picture into a word document, I attempt to put a border around the whole document, picture and all. However, sometimes there is a gap in the border - on the right-hand margin usually - I do not understand how to get a full border all the way round every time.

Can anynoe help ?

stlucia 12:41 20 Jan 04

Sometimes a "gap" can be in fact a paper-coloured borderless object which is sitting on top of the border and obscuring part of it. Click on or near the gap, and see if anything reveals itself by displaying its "handles".

AndyJ 13:10 20 Jan 04

You can also crop the picture so it looks how you want it to. If you left click on the picture, a toolbar should appear. One of the items looks like a black hollow square with ends protruding (hover the pointer over it and it will say "crop")

If you click on the icon, you will see it superimposed with your pointer. When you drag any of the black squares on the picture placeholder (holding the mouse button down) you'll see the picture will be cut to how you want it.

Click in a blank white area of the sheet to stop cropping

Gemma 13:10 20 Jan 04

Word gives options on how text and other objects flow around pictures:

Format / Picture / Square (or whatever)

Try one of these for effect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…