Pictures showing as red squares

Insir8d 23:07 18 May 09

On my desktop, Packard Bell running Windows XP Home. When I'm on the google UK homepage, the logo shows as a solid red square. There is no outline, & no little red "X". Just a solid red square, & I have noticed it does it on a lot of other sires as well.

Any help to rectify this problem, will be much appreciated.

Graham. 23:28 18 May 09

Try Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Show pictures. Apply, OK.

Insir8d 13:15 19 May 09

Advanced, Show Pictures already ticked?

Insir8d 13:18 19 May 09

Just to mention, when i browse google images, some pics show fine. Some are jus solid red squares?

It seems as though it's only .gif images that show as red squares, Jpeg images display OK.

birdface 13:21 19 May 09

Maybe check that your flash program is up to date.
Try running this speed test. If it does work its not a flash problem.

click here

Maybe try running your security programs and see if they find anything.

Insir8d 13:39 19 May 09

Speed test runs fine.

PCTools & PCGuard only shows tracking cookies?

birdface 13:56 19 May 09

You don't have 2 anti-virus programs running do you.

Insir8d 14:29 19 May 09

Only PCGuard running constantly?

birdface 14:39 19 May 09

PcGuard is not the best protection to have.Fair enough its free but I am with Virginmedia as well but do not use it.Maybe give Malwarebytes free a try update it then run it.That will check for Malware+Trojans..I suppose you could always do a system restore to a time when you never had the problem and see if that works.

chrisod 14:58 19 May 09

If you are using virgin pc guard open pc guard click on popupblocker under my services when it opens "untick" enable ad blocker and this should do the trick you might want to close your browser after you have unticked ad blocker.

Insir8d 15:56 19 May 09

Thanks very much "chrisod", unticking the ad blocker in PCGuard has resolved the problem.

THANKS VERY MUCH...

Paul.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac