Pictures screesavers problem--windows me

Bevlee 16:13 30 Mar 03

When you click on properties--in windows me-----a list of your screensavers and pictures comes up
Every picture that I download
goes into here and remains here Can I stop the pictures from going in here or is there a way to delete them
Old pictures that I have deleted from my hard drive are still piled up in here and no way can I delete them.
Thanks vey much

bigray 16:19 30 Mar 03

are the same pictures in my documents/ pictures? if so can you delete from there & make another folder to hold your downloads

Richard Madeley 16:21 30 Mar 03

Do you mean if you right click on your Desktop and click Properties?

All this does is show you the pictures in your My Pictures folder and availabale screensavers. You delete them in the actual folders. They only 'go in there' if you've saved them.

leo49 16:28 30 Mar 03

Check the contents of C:\WINDOWS\WEB\Wallpaper\ - you might find several of them hiding in there.

Regards

Bevlee 19:08 30 Mar 03

I did save the pictures to my computer even after I delete them from there, they still appear in-----the area that says----properties-----then display ---my rEgular screesavers are there plus all the other pictures that i HAVE DELETED
The webshot and microsoft sc savers are there which is fine but every picture that I have ever saved to my pc is still there
Even the ones deleted from my documents remains in this properties display
Perhaps Im not explaining this well--could be a blonde moment----thanks a bunch
Bevlee

Richard Madeley 20:46 30 Mar 03

You mean they're still listed in Properties Box but have been deleted?

When you click on them in display does the actual picture show up on the Preview Monitor in the Properties box?

Bevlee 21:02 30 Mar 03

No matter how I try to delete they still remain An the little box with the description of the screen saver is thereIf you click on it you can still use it as a screensaver even though I have deleted it all over the place it still remains
Thanks
Bevlee

watchful 21:02 30 Mar 03

I've used several of my pics as Desktops but they only appear in the list as long as I use them. To get them there I have to browse to My Docs and My pics.
Never been able to use a pic as a screensaver except for a downloaded one specially for that purpose.

Bevlee 21:48 30 Mar 03

All i have to do is click properties disply and the picture comes up even though they have been deleted elsewhere.They are in the same window as my webshots and microsoft scree savers are.
Could it have anything to do with photo suite program I have
This is a mystery ----guess I better get Sherlock homes on the case
Thanks guys

Richard Madeley 21:30 31 Mar 03

It's nothing to do with Webshots is it? I've never used it but I know someone who has. Look in the Program Folder for Webshots to see if it has it's own Pictures folder.

Bevlee 00:09 01 Apr 03

I do have webshots Ill look around in there
Thanks Bev-------frustrating darn thing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…