Pictures from PC to CD to read on CD player

I have folders of pics on my pc. I want to copy them to CD/DVD disc in such a way that they can be easily viewed by a commercial CD/DVD player.
I have win XP and nero6 but do I need any other type of prog - I dont need to insert audio etc, but would I need a slideshow prog for example.

DieSse 16:43 16 Dec 05

Often you only need to copy them across as is. Many (mine does) newer DVD players will show you the folder structure, and allow you to select the pictures to view, in a similar way to using a PC.

If you want to create a slide show, and add music - this is a further refinement. Here is a selection of free downloads click here

I have an idea that Nero also allows you to do this - but I've never used it myself.

Also remember that you can create DVDs, VCDs (Video CDs), and SVCDs (Super Video CDs) - but make sure what the units you want to play them on supports.

Out for a bite to eat - back about 1900hrs
Jess

Hi DieSse
Thanks for the response.
The reason for my original was that a relative came on holiday from Aussie and brought a Cd of all his photos with him. Other rels over here reckoned they couldnt read his disc. I just copied and pasted to my Pc, and now wanted to make a CD/DVD that others can read. No great frills. Back at 1900hrs
Jess

DieSse 17:29 16 Dec 05

*Other rels over here reckoned they couldn't read his disc.*

There could be a number of reasons for this - major one being the CD was not "Closed" or "Finalised". This would stop it working in any domestic player, but still allow you to run it on your computer, with it's CD/DVD writer.

You might just need to make a Finalised version of the CD. But it also depends on the other DVD players as to what they will and won't run with. I suspect that most work with VCDs, so a slide-show VCD is possibly the best bet for widest compatibility.

britto 19:02 16 Dec 05

Use your Nero prog to make a video cd, very straightforward giving a screen menu for standalone dvd players it will also save a copy of the pics as jpegs on the disc for print and copy use. you can only put 99 pics on in each slide-show but cd's are cheap enough.

Thanks DieSse
I think I'll just make a DVD and see if it runs on my own Player.

Thanks for that britto - but I'll try it on DVD

Kev.Ifty 22:14 16 Dec 05

If you use Windows Media 10. Heres a link that might interest you.

'Photo Story' for Windows

click here

Cheers Kev

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5