Pictures on PC back on to Camera memory ?

WhiteViper 20:44 03 Feb 06

I have downloaded loads of photo's from my digital camera to my PC, and deleted the memory card in my camera.

What I'd like to do is return some of the images on my PC back to my digital camera card so I print them off at one of the print stations you find in shops etc these days (my printer is none too well)- anyone know if this is possible and if so how I go about doing it ?

I have a Canon Powershot A610 with a 512mb SD card

Thanks

woodchip 20:46 03 Feb 06

Just drag them onto the Camera or removable disc in Windows Explorer

hzhzhz 20:49 03 Feb 06

I think the zoombrowser software will allow this, using a card reader. I haven't tried it myself though.

Biotech 20:50 03 Feb 06

You need a card reader or a printer that takes a card of your memory type. The reader slot(s) ahould come up as drives in explorer and you can send the pictures to the required drive much the same as ather types of storage device. They will not display in your camera which will probably say "no images" but should work at the chemist.

Biotech 20:51 03 Feb 06

Or you can connect the camera as per Woodchips thread

WhiteViper 21:19 03 Feb 06

Thanks for such a quick response

I've tried to drag them in via Explorer previously, but it keeps bringing up a message saying it is not possible. Will see if using the printer as a storage device will work (think that bit of the printer is working)

SG Atlantis® 21:25 03 Feb 06

That's not possible, the camera cannot write files other than when it captures an image, ie when you take a photo.

Why not do it online, upload your photos they'll print them and send them to ya through the post... click here

woodchip 21:36 03 Feb 06

You should be able to drag files to the camera folder as a Removable disc or Camera Icon I can on mine win98se or XP

woodchip 21:38 03 Feb 06

Have you expanded the camera icon so you can see the last folder? or right click it and choose create folder then drag files to the folder

SG Atlantis® 21:39 03 Feb 06

Mine won't do it... It's an Olympus and I've XP, maybe some can and some can't.

skidzy 21:40 03 Feb 06

Why not just burn them to disc and take the disc into Jessops,Boots etc....Thats what i do when i have a big collection of pics....Roughly 10p a pic...........Just an idea

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…