Pictures in outlook express

trickydicky 19:00 03 Oct 04

I have an XP machine with the version of OE that comes with it. When I receive E mail newsletters with pictures of goods to buy, all that there is, is an image placeholder, what is wrong with my setup. I use Freeserve if that helps to determine the problem.

VoG II 19:19 03 Oct 04

Are you still connected to the internet when trying to view these pictures or is "Hang up after sending and receiving" ticked in Tools/Options, Connection tab.

Djohn 19:24 03 Oct 04

It may be that express is set to block the showing of graphics/photo's in case they contain a virus!

If you look to the top of the Express window you should see a message informing you that these have been held back and "Please click here to show image".

trickydicky 22:15 05 Oct 04

I do have the "hang up after sending and receiving" box ticked, but surely it would not hang up until it had downloaded all of the email

Djohn 22:22 05 Oct 04

Tools/options/security tab and remove the tick from "Do not allow attachments to be opened that can may contain a virus" Although with SP2 the tip in my first post should have done it for you on an individual basis for each email.

VoG II 22:25 05 Oct 04

I may be wrong (in which case somebody please tell me!) but I believe that some of these e-mails contain links to servers that have the ads. If you are not connected, you will not see them.

Djohn 22:38 05 Oct 04

I could have misunderstood the question. [Quite normal] but even the emails I receive from PCA do not show the graphics, just the place holder until I click on the pop up stopper to allow them and they then appear immediately.

I have my attachments blocked in options until I know who they are from, then a click on the top of the express window will open them. It's part of SP2 (I think) as it never gave me the choice prior to this.

Djohn 22:39 05 Oct 04

It gave me the choice but not by this method. :o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…