Pictures not sent with e mail

aforapple 16:19 07 Mar 06

I use Windows XP. I created a picture in Photoshop Elements and wanted to send it. It was not too big. I browsed to find the pic and it appeared in my e mail(Outlook Express) ready to send. But when I sent it, I had a warning message saying something like' Some of the pictures could not be found' and in fact, looking in my Sent box, it had been sent, but with a red cross representing the picture not sent.
Any ideas what is going on please?

wobblymike 16:26 07 Mar 06

You should insert your picture as an attachment to your e mail then in OE go to Tool, Options, Security and remove the tick which refers to opening attachments to e mails (I can't recall the exact words). You might want to warn whoever you are sending it too to do the same or the system will crunch it.

jack 17:30 07 Mar 06

I have discovered of late the best way to send images is not by inserting them or as an attachment
but by using a FREE hosting service.
Take a look at
click here
or
click here

aforapple 19:19 07 Mar 06

Hi Wobblymike
Thanks for your info. I will try this.
I now wanted to know if it is safe to remove the tick you suggested for good, or should I put it back every time I have sent a picture. Does removing the tick threaten my security.
I would have liked to send quite a few of the same e mails to friends, so I had hoped to just copy/ paste the pics to each new email

David4637 19:37 07 Mar 06

You can send the pictures in the text area of the email, then people will be less concerned about opening them as an attachment which could contain a virus. David

LAP 19:48 07 Mar 06

In Photoshop Elements did you save your pic as a jpg? or a psd?

wobblymike 06:52 08 Mar 06

aforapple
its all relative isn't it - I leave that box unticked all the time but then I don't open attachments from sources I don't know - its a balance of convenience against caution i guess.

aforapple 10:23 08 Mar 06

Hi Wobbleymike
yes. That did work, removing the tick. I have just changed the layout of Outlook Express as well to avoid unnecessary pics showing up
Thanks again to everyone: David, LAP, Jack and Wobblymike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced