Pictures to exe,How do I burn the file

User-324448 12:13 21 Feb 04

Hi, Im not in trouble this time, I am playing with "Pictures to exe" by winsoft and have the Beta version, before I buy the complete thing I want to be able to burn the slide show and the music onto a writable CD which I hope would be able to play on any PC, this would enable my sister to view the photos I have taken, on her computer. The help system does not realy help me. Have any of you managed this or had experience of Pictures to exe. I am very impressed with it up to know I have to say. Prof.

johnnyrocker 12:25 21 Feb 04

i use irfanview and nero to burn as a data disc which plays on pc's and some later dvd players plus vcr.

johnny.

Pesala 15:45 21 Feb 04

You should also be able to make it autorun as soon as she puts it into the CD Drive.

You need a file called autorun.inf that you burn to the CD together with the Executable file.

I launch an HTML file in my browser with the following lines in autorun.inf (which is just plain text file).

[AUTORUN]
shellexecute=index.html

Someone will come along to tell you how to make your executable file autorun. Why not experiment on a CD-RW?

Pesala 15:45 21 Feb 04

[AUTORUN]

shellexecute=index.html

User-324448 16:45 21 Feb 04

I have burned "Pictures to exe onto a re writable but I think it will only be able to play IF the computer I want to view it on has the Pictures to exe program installed on it, this is not what I want. But Pesala and Johny, you hav both got me thinking that perhaps Ifanview would do the job as well as Pictures to exe, (which is great, the fades are many and varied)I will collect the autorun file.Thanks Prof.

johnnyrocker 16:47 21 Feb 04

glad to have been of help.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…