Pictures in email coming out too big

collinsc 09:52 20 Jul 09

Hi

My friend has a problem – he is sending pictures to someone and they are coming out too big.

How can he rectify this? Is it a case of making them smaller before sending? Or can the recipient change the size – or both…

Thanks

Technotiger 09:59 20 Jul 09
  Technotiger 10:03 20 Jul 09

Part of Power Toys for Windows XP ...

click here

ened 10:16 20 Jul 09

I suspect they are only coming out too big because of the size of the window of the email client at the other end.

If you reduce the size any further you may lose some of the quality.

All the recipient needs to do is save the pics. to disc and view them with what ever they use.

AroundAgain 11:21 20 Jul 09

Hi

Could you clarify what you mean by picture being 'too big'?

I suspect you mean that, viewed in the email message pane, the picture is too large to view as a whole. In this case, either maximise your viewing pane or click on 'Forward', click on the picture and you can actually re-size it to get it small enough to see in your message pane.

'Size' of picture can also refer to the quality of the picture, ie small file of about 200kb or larger file of 1.4mb. The latter takes a lot longer to download but is of better quality.

So, if you could just clarify which aspect relating to 'Size' you mean, the response can be more specific.

Hope this helps in some way
Julie

Jim Thing 12:02 20 Jul 09

If using XP:

Select the picture to be e-mailed. Then look in the menus down the L/H side of the screen and, under File and Folder Tasks, click on 'E-mail this file'

Then follow the on-screen instructions.

I don't know whether Vista is similar, but I suspect it may be.

Hope this helps

Jim Thing 12:21 20 Jul 09

I should have explained: when the software asks whether you want to make all your pictures smaller, choose that option; it will e-mail a reduced-size version of the photo but the size of the stored photo will be unchanged. If you choose 'keep the original sizes' it will simply e-mail the full-size photo.

john bunyan 16:02 20 Jul 09

If you just want to view pictures from the e mail, save at 72dpi (dots per inch) at about 9 cm wide. If you want to print them at the receiving end, save them at 300 dpi at the width you want - say 15cm . The larger photo should be sent as a file attachment. It will look big if viewed in e mail, but not in imaging software like Photoshop Elements.To view what looks big now, save the file then open it in whatever photo software you have.

Stuartli 18:04 20 Jul 09

See:

click here

I always use Plain Text rather than HTML configuration for e-mails, which seems to prevent photo images appearing in over sized form (OE>Tools>Options>Send tab).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now