pictures appearing from nowhere

bellyshere 12:29 04 Apr 04

I keep getting pictures appearing on my music folders. I haven't put them on and they have never been on my computer. The pictures correspond to the artists/bands that are in the folder. Where are they coming from? The folder properties state that there are more files in the folders than i can actually see. Is there something there, hiding? I've tried putting show all hidden files and folders but nothing comes up. It's doing my box in. Help?

Dumble452 13:10 04 Apr 04

Could it be spyware? Try running Spybot and/or Ad-aware.

The GnoMe 13:15 04 Apr 04

i think what it is is album art windows media player downloads the information to the corresponding song you are playing

there is a way to disable it but i am not sure how to do it

Martin86 14:23 04 Apr 04

What you describe is indeed to do with Windows Media Player downloading album art. They key to making the files visible for manual deletion, however, is not 'Show hidden files and folders' but rather the 'Hide protected operating system files' option.

For the record, here's a step-by-step to making the picture files visible:

1. open My Documents or any other folder
2. click the 'Tools' menu and click 'Folder Options'
3. click the 'View' tab
4. scroll down the list of options and uncheck the 'Hide protected operating system files (Reccommended)' option
5. read the warning that appears and click 'Yes'
6. click 'OK'

You can then open the folder with the image(s) on it and delete the culprit picture file(s).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…