Picture turning 90degrees

Daiol 20:11 02 Jan 10

Hi,I use windows xp pro sp3.When i download photos from my camera to a certain folder in my picture folder,Some of the photos have been taken that need to be turned 90degree left or right.
Now in the past couple of weeks the images take a long time to turn,they used to be rather quick but now they take longer is that a fault in the folder or what?.Can someone please help me here as it can be fustrating if i want to turn quite a lot.
Thanks.

Technotiger 20:13 02 Jan 10

Usually, turning pic which are on your hard drive, as in My Pictures they turn q

Technotiger 20:15 02 Jan 10

Hmm, I wasn't finished, dunno what happened there ....

anyway, q .... quite quickly, but if on a CD or DVD they normally take rather longer.

Daiol 20:20 02 Jan 10

Ye thanks for reply,The picture concerned are allready on my hdd.

Technotiger 20:24 02 Jan 10

I am not sure, but I think it sometimes depends on the picture format - .jpg, bmp etc, with jpg's normally quicker to turn.

As it appears to have only started slowing down recently, perhaps a good de-frag and clearing of Temp files might help.

Daiol 20:33 02 Jan 10

jpg images they are,Also done temp files cleanout,used ccleaner.thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…