Picture Prieview in Windows Explorer

philwane 08:07 12 Aug 03

I Have just upgraded to windows XP Home and the one thing I miss most of all is the view as web page in windows explorer which gave a picture prieview when you clicked on a graphics file.
I have looked everywhere in XP but cannot find any reference to it
Is it possible to have picture prieview in windows explorer when using windows XP

Taff36 08:13 12 Aug 03

Try this, it works in XP Pro.

Highlight the folder in Windows Explorer. Select view from the menu bar & then Thumbnails.

Does that get you what you want or are you looking for a larger view?

Andsome 08:16 12 Aug 03

When I click onto a graphics file in 'My documents', I get a preview in XP Home. It all just installed like that, so the facility is available. I hope you get a solution.

Taff36 08:23 12 Aug 03

Again in XP Pro this works. Hopefully its similar in XP Home.

In Windows Explorer right click the file and choose PROPERTIES. Then select the CUSTOMISE TAB. By changing the drop down box titled "what kind of folder do you want" you can alter the view for the folder and it`s subdirectories.

philwane 08:29 12 Aug 03

Maybe I should have said when you highlight a file not clicked on a file it gave you an instant prieview of the file including size and type

philwane 08:37 12 Aug 03

Edit
Maybe I should have said when you highlight a file not clicked on a file it gave you an instant prieview of the file including size and type

In windows 98 it was called view all folders as web page

Pesala 09:21 12 Aug 03

Philwane, if you haven't tried it yet, look at Irfan View. It is far better than Windows Explorer for viewing graphic files.

philwane 13:39 12 Aug 03

I can prieview the file by double clicking it. In 98 with windows explorer set to view as web page you just had to highlight the file and it instantly gave a thumnail on the left hand side with type of file and size of file underneath the thumbnail this was extremly quick for sorting through your pictures

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…