Picture not showing...

  Simsy 21:04 22 Jun 08

but only in Internet Explorer.

Can anyone help...

This needs to be a quick fix. It's my son's which was made in, I think, Dreamweaver. It's a simple page with a bit of text and a picture.
The picture displays in Firefox, Safari and Opera, but not Internet Explorer. It's not an IE setting, as it displays other pictures OK... it's just this one page giving the problem.

I'm guessing it's something subtle/nonconforming in the html code.

I can get to the page and picture by accessing the components via ftp, but I don't have access to the original dreamweaver, (nor does my son at the moment!)

Can anyone spot anything obvious in the following... I realise there's not much to go on!

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "click here">
html xmlns="click here">
meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
title>Untitled Document /title>
style type="text/css">
.style1 {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
color: #222222;
font-size: 11px;
.style2 {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; }
body {
margin-left: 30px;
margin-top: 117px;
.style3 {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #222222; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; }

p class="style3">Made in Bunch /p>
p class="style1">My design for the brill Made in Bunch project. /p>
p class="style2">  /p>
p class="style2"> img src="images/bunch/bunchlogo.jpg" width="750" height="562" /> /p>

Thanks in anticipation,

With apologies if I don't respond immediately... I'm tied up with lot's of bits at this very moment!



  Simsy 21:06 22 Jun 08

the "click here" 's weren't intended.

The relevant line is the last line of the body.




  Simsy 09:47 25 Jun 08

with the help of one of our web experts at work...

Resaving the picture did it.
He/we couldn't identify why, but there was obviously something strange about the properties of the picture.

It had been created/edited on a MAC using Photoshop. The suspicion was that there was something about that that IE didn't like. All I did was open and resave the image in PaintShopPro, without changing any parameters, and reupload it, and all was well.

Previously downloading it, renaming it, (and the relevant html file), and uploading hadn't helped, so obviously the actual resaving did something... we just don't know what!



This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009