Picture Motion Browser software not recognising

jollygal36 19:41 16 Jul 07

my new camcorder. I have Sony SR52E Camcorder. I am unable to download the Picture Motion Browser Softward Ver.2.0.06 as it keeps telling me to connect the Camcorder. The Camcorder is correctly connected so can't get any further.

THere doesn't seem to be a usb cable problem as I can view the images on Windows Media, The Software though will allow me to store and edit.

Very new to these things so have no idea where to turn. Sony website is useless - tried to maybe find a download of the software online but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Technotiger 19:54 16 Jul 07

Try with a software update if this one is newer than yours ... click here

jollygal36 20:16 16 Jul 07

Hi there
Thanks for that but the original software won't download - what I meant is that Windows Media will allow me to view but I do need the software for viewing and editing so I need to be able to use it.
The downloads which you directed me too are for vista...I have Xp - I couldn't find a link to allow a download of the original software - thought that might help.
Any other thoughts

Technotiger 22:20 16 Jul 07

Scroll down and you will see that download is also for XP.

woodchip 22:45 16 Jul 07

Did you load the CD before you connected the Camcorder to the Computer?

jollygal36 21:46 17 Jul 07

Hi
I went into the store today (not where I bought it but another one with great staff) - they got the one on show and linked to the computer in store and tried to download the software and nothing happened. What SOny don't tell you is that you have to open the viewfinder and press on the word "Computer" at which point the download starts....
Great eh !!!
Would have saved me at least 4 hours if Sony couldhave been bothered to tell me this.
Many thanks anyway.

Technotiger 22:01 17 Jul 07

All's well that ends well then .... Grreat. Thanks for the feedback

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now