picture manipulation for a pc novice

carlinglover 00:15 02 Feb 03

is there a free download that has the tools and tuition to teach a pc novice how to manipulate pictures ie.. superimposing a head on another body etc...thank you for any help

Billp64 00:24 02 Feb 03

Try Paint Shop Pro a 30 day trial download from click here
This will do what you ask.

barryoneoff 02:37 02 Feb 03

supplied with Windows, called Imaging. You should find it under Accessories in your start menu. Not very sophisticated but will give you a start.

carlinglover 11:26 02 Feb 03

cant make head nor tail of the dowload one and i havent got imaging on my start up menu...i am a complete begginner to computers so any idiot sites would be very gratefully received ... thanks guys

Border View 11:39 02 Feb 03

Have you tried, click on start, then click on accessories (its usually near the top) and then click on Imaging. You have to go through Accessories first. Imaging wont appear by just clicking on start.

Wak 11:48 02 Feb 03

You could always try the FREE Irfanview from click here

JoeC 11:57 02 Feb 03

is a good one. Easy to use and understand, but powerful. : }

Pesala 12:20 02 Feb 03

Irfan View is a great program, but it will not do what is asked for - at least not without a lot of cunning that I don't know about. Please enlighten me how to put an old head on young shoulders; or a fresh face on world weary shoulders perhaps?

One could perhaps start with Windows Paint. That has a scissor tool to cut out shapes and move them around, but it really is kids stuff. To produce anything remotely realistic you will have to get to grips with something like Paintshop Pro.

How far did you get? Did you download and install it OK?

anchor 13:32 02 Feb 03

I do not know of a free programme that will do what you ask; i.e. a photo montage.

If you wish to do this, then I am sorry to say, its "bite the bullet time", and purchase a programme. There are a number of programmes that will do this, including Microsoft Picture-It. This is a very simple to use photo manipulation programme; ideal for beginners.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…