Picture Manipulation help required

Pamy 17:18 28 Mar 03

Hello, can anyone help me turn three photos into one?
My friend has three cats, and has a photo of each one and has asked me if I can combine them together so that it looks that they are all sitting together.
I have a scanner and Photo Shop.
Regards, Pamy

1st RHA 18:08 28 Mar 03

as it depends what you can do

Pamy 19:13 28 Mar 03

1st RHA,
I have Photo shop.
Pamy

MAJ 19:23 28 Mar 03

Yes Pamy, you can do it, but it's not easy to get it looking right, it'll take a bit of work. You have to scan in all three photos, then using Photoshop, extract the cats from two pictures using the lasso tool (probably), paste them into the main picture each on a new layer, flatten the layers and print out. I usually use Paintshop Pro to do it, so the tool name might be different. Check out the PS help file on how to extract a portion of the picture.

Pamy 19:40 28 Mar 03

Chears MAJ,
I will give it a try.
Pamy

hssutton 19:45 28 Mar 03

The answer is very easily. as Maj says scan in all three images, It may be necessary to alter levels & curves to make the background of the photo's similar. In Photoshop open all three images, also open a new page. If you want to extract just the cats, do as Maj says and use the lasso tool, set feather to 3/4 pixels then just drag them onto the new page, this will create 4 different layers. Position and flatten the image in layers.

alben 21:10 28 Mar 03

Pamy have a look here. I have found some great advice here.

click here

Pamy 11:40 29 Mar 03

thank,1st RHA, MAJ, alben and hssutton, for your replies.
Its only easy when you know how, Many thanks.

Pamy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac