Picture (.jpg) not showing on site

Dirty Dick 22:32 23 Jul 08

I have designed a website,(my first attempt so be gentle !!!) for a friend, and am now having problems.

I used WebPlus 10 and have had no probelms until now when I have just updated the site. I have put a photo , in .jpg format, into the site and updated. The picture does not show, only a box where the picture should be, with a red 'x'.

click here

Any ideas much appreciated

Thanx

DD

MAJ 23:51 23 Jul 08

Either you haven't uploaded that particular image, or the image you have uploaded is named incorrectly, maybe using a O (letter O) instead of a 0 (zero) in the file name.

MAJ 00:35 24 Jul 08

Also make sure that the image is in the "_wp_generated" folder and not in some other folder.

robgf 01:10 24 Jul 08

Hi,
The image wp5cd0674f_0f.jpg isn't present in the _wp_generated folder.
Try updating again, the transfer must have failed.

Dirty Dick 12:30 24 Jul 08

MAJ - thanx for the reply - the image was on the Home page in WebPlus, and it was automatically given that name. Also here do I find the wp_generated folder to check if its in it? I can only find files that have a .wpp extension !

robgf - I've tried updating it again, but no luck, also a dialogue box comes up saying "Changing to folder /www/_wp_generated" and after a short delay another box comes up saying "Could not open or create remote folder /www/_wp_generated"

Any further suggestions, please.

DD

MAJ 18:26 25 Jul 08

Sorry for the delay in answering, Dirty Dick. I see you have taken the site down. Let us know how it goes.

Dirty Dick 11:14 26 Jul 08

I have uninstalled webPlus 10, and reinstalled but I still can't upload the website. I have even taken the site down, so I could start with a clean sheet.

But it appears to publish the site, until it comes up with the dialogue box saying "Could not open or create remote folder /www/_wp_generated"

I have found the offending folder, in the WebPlus folder, but there are TWO folders with the same name ! and both have different items in them, they are not duplicates !

Driving me nad at the moment, so any help is much appreciated.

Thanx

DD

robgf 02:07 27 Jul 08

The good news is that your web space appears to be empty, so the problem shouldn't be that end.

The bad news is, I'm not sure what to suggest with regards to Webplus.
When you uninstalled, did you check that the Webplus folder was completely deleted.
It sounds like it may have saved your previous work, causing the current problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced