Picture It / Scanner problem

Sheila-Jo 16:52 30 Nov 03

Hi,

When I open Microsoft Picture It! Photo Standard 9 and click on 'Scan a picture', when I click on the drop-down box under 'Select a scanner' I am given two options: 'Slim USB2 Scanner' and 'Slim USB Scanner (2)'. I only have the one scanner. Does anybody know how I can clear the latter option?

Thanks in advance,

Sheila.

You can uninstal in Device Manager. It is recommended to do so in Safe Mode, but what the hey!

Sheila-Jo 17:49 30 Nov 03

Thanks Graham.

I uninstalled using Device Manager under 'Imaging devices/Slim USB2 Scanner' then reinstalled but now instead of the options: 'Slim USB2 Scanner' and 'Slim USB2 Scanner (2)' I'm now offered: 'Slim USB2 Scanner' and 'Slim USB2 Scanner'. Any ideas how I just receive the one option?

Thanks, Sheila.

Sheila-Jo 19:22 02 Dec 03

^

Did you remove them both? Disconnect the scanner from the PC, remove them both in Device Manager, then re-boot. See if they've both gone.

Then re-instal. Computers, eh?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…