Picture Files Corrupted?

C3 17:08 07 Dec 07

After having some computer problems I had re-installed Windows and had to regain control over the My Documents folder I kept on a seperate drive. I booted into Safe Mode, logged in as admin and did this. So far so good.

More computer problems followed (still haven't got to the bottom of it), a motherboard change and re-installed Windows again. This time I have been able to access the My Documents folder with no problem.

now, here's the thing.

I have all my digital photos stored in one folder seperated out into sub-folders.

In some of the folders the file name is green rather than the normal black. As far as I know this is caused by encryption. I have attempted to remove the encryption, but keep getting access is denied. I have checked the file permissions in Safe Mode and all of the files seem to have Full Permission.

The photos cannot be displayed at all. They don't even show if I switch to thumbnail view.

Any help appreciated!

MAJ 17:39 07 Dec 07

Is the external drive formatted as NTFS or FAT32? click here

C3 18:12 07 Dec 07

It's an internal drive as it happens, NTFS.

I have 4 drives in my PC. All SATA. 2 running in RAID 0 config for my C Drive and 2 used for data storage. It was one of these drives that I have the problem on.

C3 22:18 07 Dec 07

bumping it up to the frontpage :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now