Picture display with Advent 4211

Shadow 2 22:33 17 Jul 08

Having just brought Advent 4211, with part off the idea to use it as portable devive to display pictures through tv, and sound via sound system,
both on its own and later to control a nas for the same purpurse.

set comes loaded with windows xp home and windows media 9, i have upgraded to w/media 11.

The problem is that w/media will display sample pictures and a few that i have loaded but then seams to stall, and then blue screen,
Same pictures will display with windows pic/fax viewer and infran view with out any problem

I have had one reply back from windows error report, whichs points to a graphics card or driver, or hardware acceleration.

What I cant make up my mind about it is this just a fault with my netbook, and changing it will cure problem, or is it that it is not up to playing windows media 11 (why only load 9?as std)
Any help or throughts would helpfull to make up my mind to keep it or get a refund.

Having already loaded one of my 2 remaing trendmicro antivirus installs

ambra4 02:05 20 Jul 08

“Windows media 9, I have upgraded to w/media 11”

Did you know that every time you open it that it sends information to Microsoft about your

computer take a read

click here

Personal I don’t like it, don’t want it, don’t use it, also one of the reason the EU want it removed

from all of Windows software sold in the EU

Try Media Player Classic

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5