Pics from slideshow

knockin on 11:52 20 Nov 06

Several years ago I assembled some slideshows of pictures (using Windows Moviemaker I think). Is there any software that will reverse the process and extract the pictures (as jpeg or whatever)? The thought of running the slideshow, grabbing each screenshot and then copying the clipboard to a graphics programme is too daunting. I know there are programmes to extract icons from exe files - maybe there is something to help me? I would be grateful for any help.

Fellsider 12:42 20 Nov 06

Reload the slideshow in Windows Movie Maker, it should then list the component slides.

Highlight each slide in turn and on the preview screen at the right there is a 'take picture' button (bottom right).

Admittedly you will have to take each one in turn but it does recreate jpgs.

knockin on 18:18 20 Nov 06

Yes, thanks Fellsider, that is my last resort. I am hoping someone might have knowledge of software that will read the slideshow file and extract all the pictures to a named folder.
(What a load of queries here today - no wonder I am a long way from the top of the pile)

Technotiger 18:34 20 Nov 06

Hi, if you ever want to bring your Post back to the top of the pile - just type any old character into this message box and then click on Post Response.
Even a single character will do it - this is called a 'Bump' i.e. bumping it back up to the top.

Cheers

Technotiger 18:42 20 Nov 06

I haven't tried it, but, you might be able to get your pics with this -

click here

Cheers

Coff 19:43 20 Nov 06

You could try Video to Images (Freeware) click here

When you browse to your slideshow file within the program it looks for .avi files by default so you have to select "All types" in the "File by type" box, at the bottom, in order for it to see a .wmv file.

(I just made a small slideshow in Moviemaker to see if it worked. It does, but it created 200 pictures for each original picture. ie. the program is capturing so many frames of the video per second. This is not a problem as you can just delete the other 199 but just make sure your Output Folder is not your Desktop! The default Output Folder is My Pictures but I would create a new folder somewhere else and make it your Output Folder and then when you have extracted the pics you want you can delete it.)

Anyway, see how you get on.

skidzy 20:02 20 Nov 06

Maybe click here

knockin on 20:13 20 Nov 06

Thanks for those options, everyone.
It will take me a little time to check those out. Will post to let you know how I get on. Cheers

knockin on 11:16 21 Nov 06

Coff:
Yes that works, and deleting is much easier than capturing and saving.
Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017