Pics not being downloaded properly

Mollo 20:45 25 Feb 08

I'm running an old Packard Bell PB 9533 with Windows 98SE OS, Outlook Express, ISP Virgin Media.
Until recently I've had no problem with opening attachments when receiving e-mails.
I now have some e-mails where the text is perfect but the images are cropped into blocks and sometimes missing.
I've tried right clicking where the image bits are and "Select all" which sometimes works and gives me the image.
Obviously something's not right any ideas?

woodchip 20:46 25 Feb 08

Sender may be sending too big a files

Mollo 11:00 26 Feb 08

woodchip,
I've managed to save one of the images to my "My Pictures" folder so that seems to be a temporary fix.
When I clicked on the attachment icon in the message pane and selected "Properties" I got a detailed description of the message (over my head!) but finishing with:-
Content-Type multipart/mixed; boundary="=======AVGMAIL-479F07BC1D59======="

Could this be the answer? If so how do I solve the problem.

woodchip 11:57 26 Feb 08

Yes as I said, the sender needs to reduce the size of Pictures before sending

Mollo 10:44 12 Mar 08

I have noticed a "Combine and decode" command in the "Message" menu.

It is not "live", by that I mean the command has grey not black text.

How do I activate this feature? In the "Help" index it says this is the way to solve the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…