Pico Search

billy_sw 11:09 19 Apr 08

I've just addedd Pico Search to my website that i created with Dreamweaver. When I pressed F12 to preview the site and then used Pico Search a separate window opened with the search results. This is exactly what I wanted it to do.

When I uploaded the changes however and then used Pico Search, a separate results window did not appear. Instead I was taken out of my site to a new window showing the Pico Search results.

I've checked the code and the target has been set as blank which should open a new page.

" target="_blank"

Any idea where I might be going wrong or is this a quirk of Pico Search?

Thanks

Eric10 16:44 19 Apr 08

It may have something to do with "target" being deprecated in HTML 4.0 strict and XHTML 1.0 strict. This 3 page article may be of interest. click here

billy_sw 17:19 19 Apr 08

Thanks for that. I noticed that the same thing happens on other sites that use this particular search facility including those that appear as examples on the Pico wbsite.

I had a look at the article and am not sure that I've got the competence to try the fix suggested.

Many thanks for taking the time to get back to me.

Billy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…