Picking up mail on my old ISP (and other things)

Graham. 17:33 03 Mar 09

I switched to BT Broadband from Sky on 3rd February. I also cancelled Sky TV on the same date. Sky said they would post my final bill, so I cancelled the Direct Debit.

Now I'm getting letters citing an additional monthly charge to send me bills by post.

When I call Sky (many times), they say I'm still with them for broadband, and the system won't let them cancel Sky TV.

To get to the point :-), I can still send and receive emails via Sky, as well as BT, using Windows Mail. Is this normal after a switch, or is it a sign that something is screwed up?

Clapton is God 17:37 03 Mar 09

I think it's a sign that Sky have screwed up.

I assume you got a valid MAC code from them?

Nag them again

Graham. 17:38 03 Mar 09

I got a MAC code, but it arrived after the switch. BT said they didn't need it.

Clapton is God 17:42 03 Mar 09

I would still go back to Sky to establish what game they're playing at.

If you can still send/receive e-mails via Sky it's a pretty sure bet that your BB is still active with them

Graham. 17:48 03 Mar 09

Sky is LLU, BT will have removed the jumper wire from my line to the LLU equipment?

User-1229748 17:50 03 Mar 09

i don't know of skys emails but i can still use my old aol email address and it's been 12 months since i left aol.

Graham. 17:54 03 Mar 09

Thanks, makes you wonder.

Additional information: the Broadband Talk line on the BT hub works, which would seem to indicate I'm with BT.

Switcher 19:30 03 Mar 09

The only way that you would normally keep an old ISP address is if you have a PAYG dial up connection. However you could still have your old sky address if SKY have not deleted it, even if your broadband has been changed over.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac