picasa and IE cont

lindyloo4 18:59 27 Dec 04

I ticked too soon click here

Any more advice please.
Hope the above turns into a Click Here I've never done it before.

Valvegrid 19:06 27 Dec 04

Its a bit of a long shot, I'm just wondering if Picasa is re-associating files. Try going to Windows Explorer and in file options check to make sure html files are associated to open with IE and not Picasa.

lindyloo4 19:21 27 Dec 04

I'm not having a good day, now totally brain dead, please advise me how to do it.

hssutton 19:28 27 Dec 04

I've just been through all the various options, but unable to duplicate your problem

Valvegrid 19:35 27 Dec 04

I'm not well up on Windows 2000, so I'm doing this from memory, if I'm wrong someone will correct me:

Double-click the My Computer icon. This will open a folder that shows all of the drives located on your system.

From the Tools menu, select Folder Options.

In the window that opens, click the File Types tab.

If I remember correctly there is a window that shows all the files currently on the computer and by clicking on each one, somewhere in the window it should show the application that will open the particular file, you are looking for a file called html, it should be associated with IE, if it is then I'm on the wrong track, if you let us know.

lindyloo4 19:49 27 Dec 04

Valvegrid
Thanks, checked that and html is associated with IE. It was worth a try.
Hi H
I can't understand it myself. IE opens no problems until I've been using Picasa then it reverts to "Never dial a connection". I do like the program so I think I will just have to keep ticking "Always use my default connection" after use.

I'm not going to green tick yet, just incase someone comes up with a solution.

Thank you all

Valvegrid 19:57 27 Dec 04

Another long shot, try a repair of IE, you can do that by going to add remove programs and when you try and remove IE you'll be given three options, pick the one to repair IE, just in case Picasa has corrupted it.

lindyloo4 20:05 27 Dec 04

There's no IE in my Add/Remove programs. I'm running XP if that makes a difference.

VoG II 20:12 27 Dec 04

Start, Run, type in

sfc /scannow

and click OK. You may be asked for your XP disk.

Valvegrid 20:13 27 Dec 04

Oh, there should be, sorry I had the impression you were running Windows 2000, my mistake, there should still be an option to repair IE in Add/Remove regardless what O/S.

The setup files for IE may be in your windows folder somewhere, someone maybe able to tell you exactly were, or for that matter why its not in Add/Remove.

Valvegrid 20:14 27 Dec 04

OK I'll bow out now

Bye.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…