Picasa and IE

lindyloo4 14:46 27 Dec 04

I've just been raving about Picasa but now find I can't connect to IE, to get here I've had to open Outlook Express first. Any ideas please. I wouldn't want to uninstall Picasa.

VoG II 15:58 27 Dec 04

What actually happens when you try to start Internet Explorer? What type of connection do you have?

Irishman 16:07 27 Dec 04

I tried Picasa on a Win 2000 machine and ended up uninstalling it again. It tried to take over every picture on the computer including icons,mpegs etc no matter what way I set it up. I also had problems with it opening when I clicked on other applications . In my opinion it's a bit invasive.

lindyloo4 16:20 27 Dec 04

I was getting "This page can not be displayed". I then found my Internet connection had gone to Never Dial a connection. I uninstalled Picasa then thought I'd give it another try. My internet settings seem ok now. I know what Irishman means everything to do with pictures appears to have it's own album but we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the replies.

hssutton 16:23 27 Dec 04

As Vog says "what actually happens.

As picassa only links to the images on the hard-drive (it doesn't actually move any)They remain in the original folder, so, I'm not sure how it can be called invasive

lindyloo4 16:36 27 Dec 04

I've Green ticked far too soon.

It's happened again. If I click on the IE icon I don't get a connection just the white page saying This page can not be displayed.

It appears not to work after opening Picasa then closing it.

I'm on dial up and using XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…