Picasa captions

GRFT 09:45 11 Apr 06

Anyone any idea what causes captions to switch between images? The thumbnail, picture and tray show the correct image and caption but the main display shows a completely different image, which could be from a different folder.
I've uninstalled Picasa2 (and the recent upgrade,) reinstalled then restored from different backups but the problem remains.

esbe 15:45 11 Apr 06

Not sure if this helps but,in the 'View' tab there are options for thumbnail captions, and, at the bottom left corner of the main picture there is a little white box which also allows you to show/hide captions.
Also, at the bottom right hand corner - a 'recycle bin' icon to allow you to delete captions.

cheers.

GRFT 11:50 12 Apr 06

Thanks for your suggestions; the delete captions button is useful; they are otherwise difficult to remove.
What seems to be happening, among other things, is that captions are being copied to images that previously had none. It's easy to spot these and they can be deleted without affecting the original image.
I could probably get this all sorted out in a couple of days and also make sure that every image has a caption and see what happens, but it's all very confusing and I really need to find out what caused it.

Thanks again.

esbe 23:46 12 Apr 06

There might be an answer in these --

click here

click here

good luck.

cheers.

GRFT 07:22 14 Apr 06

Thanks for the links: had a good look through all the postings and learnt quite a lot about captions. Unfortunately there's nothing similar to my problem. It may be a glitch in my system. I'll just have to keep an eye on things and hope it doesn't happen aagain.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…