Picasa 3 edited photos

Yimbo 18:39 PM 27 Aug 11

Here I am again, needing help! I've just edited a folder-full of photos using Picasa 3, and happy with the results. How do I get the edited photos back to "My Pictures" - either in a separate folder - or just to replace the original?

onthelimit1 19:08 PM 27 Aug 11

The only way I've found to do it, is to right click the individual photo and then 'save as' a different name. Long winded, but it works.

orsta 20:31 PM 27 Aug 11

If I remember correctly, you save each photo after making any adjustments (File - Save or right click - Save) this will update the photo file held on your computer.

The unmodified/original photo file will then be placed in an .picssaoriginals folder.

Is this what you are after

muddypaws 21:01 PM 27 Aug 11

At the top of each album immediately to the left of the 'Share' button is the 'Save' button. If you hover the mouse on it you will see 'Save edited photos to disk ' come up. Left click on the icon and then 'Save' in the window that appears. You will find a Picasa Original folder in the respective ' My Pics' folder. You can always undo 'save' for any of the photos in the Picasa 3 album.

muddypaws 21:38 PM 27 Aug 11

PS, 'Saving' will convert your original photos in your original 'My Pics' folder. As I said above you can undo 'save' for individual photos in the Picasa 3 left hand margin by clicking 'Undo Save' just above the histogram thingy! This will also revert back the photo to the original in the 'My Pics' folder.

Yimbo 09:15 AM 28 Aug 11

Thanks folks for your help! It's much appreciated! I'll have a go later today!

orsta 13:45 PM 28 Aug 11

At the top of each album immediately to the left of the 'Share' button is the 'Save' button

I had not seen that.

onthelimit1 14:32 PM 28 Aug 11

Hmmmm - neither had I! Good tip.

Bald Eagle 20:18 PM 28 Aug 11

At the top of each album immediately to the left of the 'Share' button is the 'Save' button

Not on mine there isn't!

muddypaws 20:24 PM 28 Aug 11

Bald Eagle It doesn't say 'Save' until you hover the mouse on it. Never have decided what the blue icon represents. A computer? The button has been there for several versions of Picasa

muddypaws 20:27 PM 28 Aug 11

PS. If you are running a Picasa web album and upload edited photos, you can do that without 'Saving to Disc' The edit in Picasa alone is uploaded. So I have found anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…