Physical Address Extension (PAE)

HondaMan 13:06 07 Aug 07

Can anyone please explain what it is and how to enable it?

I am trying to squeeze more speed out of my computer and on running Everest, this item shows up as available to both MoBo and processor but that it is disabled. I have to say that I have never heard of this before, so any help would be much appreciated.

martjc 13:56 07 Aug 07

This may help...
click here

Pine Man 14:03 07 Aug 07

If you are running a 32bit o/s the maximum amount of RAM you can install is 4GB but this must also include other RAM that is for instance on your graphics card etc. So if you have a 512mb card and you install 4GB RAM the most that you will see will probably be 3GB or slightly more.

If you enable PAE, in theory, it will allow your PC to recognise the full 4GB that you have installed BUT it will not run it as efficiently.

Depending on the mobo you have the best thing to do is install 2x1GB memory cards and 2x512MB cards giving you a total of 3GB. All memory cards must be matched pairs.

Hope this helps.

HondaMan 18:19 07 Aug 07

for the help guys. Problem now resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…