phpMyAdmin Tutorial

badgermansix 11:18 12 Mar 06

Can anyone recommend a MySQL/phpMyAdmin Tutorial book that gives illistration examples as well as just text.

I have looked on line but the tutorials, with examples, that I have seen only go as far as "creating a table in your database".

I want to know what I am doing (I don't at the moment) when I see stuff like "Structure, SQL, Export, Search, Query, etc etc, what do they all do?

tia.

harristweed 14:45 12 Mar 06

I suggest you learn about databases in general then go on to MYSQL.

There are plenty of books on Microsoft Access and if you learn about this first, you will have a good idea about relational databases and the terminology.

peabody 21:24 12 Mar 06

'Mastering phpMyAdmin' by Marc Delisle from Packt Publishing Ltd (available from Amazon for, I think, about £13.99). It focuses on phpMyAdmin but also includes a chapter on an intro to MySQL.

badgermansix 22:29 12 Mar 06

harristweed, thanks for your reply.

A little while ago I sought advice on this Forum, in fact you were kind enough to make an imput.
the result is that I have downloaded and installed Apache/MySQL and phpMyAdmin in a package.

I now have Apache on my PC as a test server. I have installed a couple of tables and a small database purely to test and learn at the moment.

There are plenty of text only tutorials for php and mysql, but because it takes me quite a while to grasp things (being a bit thick),
I am looking for tutorial book that is a bit more basic.

As I said, I have seen on line illustrated examples, and that is what I would like to get hold of.

peabody, as soon as I read your reply I remembered that you mentioned this some time ago? "'Mastering phpMyAdmin' Marc Delisle from Packt Publishing Ltd" before, I did make an enquiry and found that two books were produced with similar names (I think).

Does this book have illustrations, and if so would you know the ISBN number?

Thank you both.

badgermansix 06:45 13 Mar 06

^

peabody 20:40 21 Mar 06

The ISBN you want is ISBN 1-904811-03-5

badgermansix 22:04 12 Apr 06

My sincere apologies for not replying before.
I have no excuse :-(

I now have the book 'Mastering phpMyAdmin' it is excellent.

Thank you very much for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…