PHP - MySQL based chat or am I dreaming!!!!

tbh72 01:30 08 Jan 04

Firstly,

I appreciate that this query really belong's in website forum but it's a little quiet in there this time of the day.

I require a chatroom for my website, which is maintained using Frontpage & FPSE's. I would like the chatroom to be PHP / MySQL based?

Despite spending just over an hour searching I have failed to find any such code which is independant. "eg will only work with Postnuke or other such CMS providers.

Look forward to your thoughts

tbh72 12:02 08 Jan 04

Bump!!

Chegs ® 14:25 08 Jan 04

Bump

Taran 15:16 08 Jan 04

phpBB click here is about my all time favourite.
It's drop dead easy to instal and configure and works like a charm.

Without the full details of your web server account it's a little difficult to say without any doubt that it will be all you need, but take a look and if it isn't suitable post again since there are some other alternatives.

I'll mirror this answer in your other thread to make sure you see it.

Oh, and depending on how adventurous you feel, you can always write your own discussion board...

Regards

Taran

tbh72 15:51 08 Jan 04

I have posted this thread to the web forum where it rightly belongs click here & will tick this as resolved.

If you do know of a PHP based chat system click on the above link and post appropriate details.

Many thanks
Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…