PHP and HTML help?

MrsLisaP 21:58 17 Feb 09

Would anyone at all be interested in helping the owner of an online text based RPG game with some HTML and PHP assistance?

All help welcome.

Thanks.

Lisa

Kemistri 22:25 17 Feb 09

If you post a question, I'm sure that someone will try to provide an answer.

MrsLisaP 22:37 17 Feb 09

I'm not actually the owner of the site, so I am unsure of what assistance is actually needed. I think it is script to do with a forum from what I can see on the chat.

Forum Editor 23:28 17 Feb 09

exactly what help is needed, and let us know. We can't offer advice until we know what the problem is.

MrsLisaP 12:28 18 Feb 09

Response to email I sent the owner.

I need someone to help me edit the existing forum script into one where all the players in the game can use it - currently they are split into country/clan forums...

Kemistri 15:34 18 Feb 09

That's not something with which we can help. If you have a specific question that you - or the site owner perhaps - would like to ask, then we can have a go at answering it. If you're looking for someone to offer their services directly, that won't happen, per the forum rules.

MrsLisaP 18:35 18 Feb 09

I didn't think there were rules against offering someone a little bit of assistance with something that they were having trouble with.

As for services, it would have included looking at a script and pointing out where he is going wrong.

Anyway, resolved.

MrsLisaP 18:48 18 Feb 09

Rule number 5 - Commercial use. I have not in any way advertised the site. I have made no mention of a website only asked for assistance with a forum script.

Quote:

It is permissible to post links to commercial websites in our WebDesign forum, but
only in the context of a request for appraisal of the site from a design point of view, or to ask for technical help and/or advice.

A little technical help was all that was being asked of the members here.

Kemistri 18:49 18 Feb 09

We can't promote our services to people through the forum (or by PM), which I think is only right really. Otherwise, everyone would be posting messages offering private assistance for a fee.

Kemistri 18:52 18 Feb 09

So, as I and the FE have written already, if you have a specific question about a specific problem, it needs to be detailed here in the forum and then someone may be able to help. Although, as it is not your site, it would be easier to assist if the webmaster concerned were to ask us directly.

MrsLisaP 18:55 18 Feb 09

If I was offering money for someone to do it there would be quite a few offers of assistance by now. Anyway it doesn't matter, he has got someone else to look at it for him, free of course.

I know where not to come next time I have a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…