PHP downloading error

phil 00:06 06 May 04

Not sure if this is a fault with the packages or a problem with my PC.

I have been trying to download bulletin board packages from Yabb, MiniBB, IkonBoard and PhpBB but when I come to unzip them I get a 'No files to extract' message.

I've been using WinAce and XP's own compression but still get the same results.

FE: If you think this may be better off in helproom then transfer it there please.

User-312386 08:25 06 May 04

what is the file extension of the "zipped" file

Are you sure it is a .zip file and not a .rar file

phil 11:15 06 May 04

It's a .zip file.

I've tried downloading both the cgi and pl files and once it gets onto my machine I get that message.

I have also downloaded ordinary files, html and game files, and they unzip perfectly ok.

I had a thought that it might be Norton deleting the files when it scans them so I stopped Norton working and the downloads were still empty.

The only other thing it could be is my download software, Star, but I've never had any problem with that.

I've un-installed WinAce in case that was corrupt but I don't think I'll be able to un-install the system compression tool.

User-312386 18:57 06 May 04

sounds to me like it is there end and they have not zipped the files correctly

phil 20:44 06 May 04

No that's not the answer because I've tried at least four different companies and all the downloads behave the same way.

It's got to be something else but I'm damned if I know what.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…