pHp advice needed - IE configuration ?

daba 21:25 05 Nov 06

I've set up a forum on a free hosting site.

all has been well until recently, my posts or previewa won't work, the IE progress bar snails its way across until eventually IE times out with either "page not found" or "page cannot be displayed" errors. A refresh often brings up the boards "no post mode specified".

I have checked the posting URL's for the post mode and they appear to be complete.

my fellow administrator, from his own PC, has no problems, but has visited today and tried his login on my PC, and got the same errors.

certain admin functions won't work either, page times out.

i've checked all IE, cookie, security, connection settings etc. and disabled firewalls, anti-virus, pop-up blockers etc. etc.

i've recently installed upgraded mobo in my pc, and all other programs etc. working as normal, although as i connect via a router i wouldn't have thought this relevant.

I run W2K, AMD athlon 2800, 1Gb RAM.

anyone got any ideas, please?

daba 21:19 06 Nov 06

...OK i've now found out that:-

my PC, via my router/ISP (Tiscali) - errors

a laptop, via my router/ISP - errors

son's PC, via my router (wireless), via my ISP - errors

another admin, via his router, via his ISP (not Tiscali) - AOK

tomorrow i'll try laptop from another location/another ISP.

Recently upgraded to 2Mb from 1Mb B/B - is there any way this might have caused the problems ?

Could the problem be with Tiscali ?
or, my D-Link Wireless Router ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…