php

Pau1JB 16:52 18 May 04

Hi

does any one know of a script or could make a script for me. I want to get a year book sort of think going.

So i would like a script which takes in info about the person and a picture of them and then people can view there information by selecting them from the list, which needs to be in abcd order.

thanks

Taran 18:01 18 May 04

A sort of site members directory ?

There are loads of Open Source scripts that might either do some or even all of what you want.

An image gallery system that allows people to upload a picture and personal profile could work.

click here

click here

There's an interesting simple membership system at this link click here which can accept new member categories by simply adding extra html files to certain directories.

Failing that, most bulletin board systems support member profiles:

click here

click here

click here

Pau1JB 18:41 18 May 04

Nothing really what am looking for. I already have a gallery and a forum. Remember me "feedback guy with website click here"

Any one ideas

Taran 21:00 18 May 04

Well, short of writing your own script no, I've no ideas off the top of my head.

I don't tend to use anything like a gallery, forum and similar things, although I have implemented some bulletin board sites in the past.

Normally if I come to a stumbling block I write a program to perform the necessary function. Problem confronted and solved = no more problem.

Perhaps a search through the hotscripts.com site might turn something up that would be of use.

Or perhaps one of the other forum members may know of something suitable.

Good luck with it.

Pau1JB 22:15 18 May 04

so does any one have any ideas.

i have searched the net and came up with nothing.

rwarrender 21:15 19 May 04

Hi Pau1JB,

Could you please be a bit more specific with what you would like. By the sounds of it, you would like some php which displays a list of memebers in hyperlink format. You click on the hyperlink and it tells you about them and shows their picture? Sorry, I don't think we really know what your after!

From Richard

Taran 23:50 19 May 04

There are loads of Open Source or otherwise freely available scripts out there that seem to do most of what you asked for, but without a very specific criteria it is almost impossible to attempt a product match.

I also suspect that you probably want to integrate it into an existing part of your site, which could cause problems all round.

There are some interesting guest book scripts where people can leave their comments and a personal profile with a picture, most bulletin board and forum software has a personal profile module built in and so on.

If you've searched the web and found nothing I suspect you're searching for the wrong thing, i.e., using the wrong search words.

Pau1JB 18:55 20 May 04

Well, i not that good at explaining things as u can see.

Its a for an online year book. since its my last year of school. I would like to have a script that i can tell ppl to go to, they then fill in details about them selves and give a photo. Then this is stored some way. THen they is a part of the site where it will display all the entrys. so that ppl can look at them anr read what the person wrote.

is that any help.

thanks

Pau1JB 19:03 20 May 04

"hi
Well, i am not that good at explaining things as u can see.

Its a for an online year book. since its my last year of school. I would like to have a script that i can tell ppl to go to and they can then fill in details about themselves and give a photo. Then this is stored some way. THen there needs to be another part of the site where it will display all the entrys. so that ppl can look at them anr read what the person wrote.

is that any help.

thanks"

PurplePenny 22:56 20 May 04

So you want a way for people to be able to upload their own photo and their details. Then a page that displays thumbnails (presumably with the person's name underneath) and clicking would bring up the photo and the details that were submitted?

Penny

PurplePenny 22:59 20 May 04

Maybe "details" is the wrong word - that would suggest that they would fill in a form giving formal details - I think that you mean that they can submit any text that they want with the photo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…