Photshop Elements 3 wont install

Nerex 21:26 25 Oct 05

Hi, i am trying to install this but I get the error message "Another version of this product is already installed.Insallation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/RemovePrograms in the control panel".
I have already done this (Elements 2) and searched and removed every reference that was left during the uninstall.
Where have I gone wrong?.
Any help appreciated. Thanks

vinnyT 11:13 26 Oct 05

When you uninstalled ver 2, did you reboot afterwards?

If you did, and it still didn't work, I would be tempted to try installing PE2 again, reboot, then uninstall again, reboot. Then try to install PE3 again.

Have you looked at adobes website for faqs and/or forum ?s relating to your prob, chances are someone else has had and sorted it.

Hope this helps.

Nerex 20:31 26 Oct 05

Thanks for replying. I did try re-installing but had the same results. I'm in the process of searching forums at the moment.

Thanks again

VoG II 20:33 26 Oct 05

If this product is installed using the Windows Installer you could try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility click here

Nerex 21:31 26 Oct 05

Thanks VoG, that solved the problem

Cheers

vinnyT 09:26 27 Oct 05

Nerex, glad you got it sorted.

Also, my thanks to VoG™, didn't know about that utility, just dloaded it myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…