PhotoSuite recommendation required.

geordielad307 07:48 11 Jun 03

Would appreciate your recommendations for a Photo Programme. Currently using MGI Photosuite 111 SE, but this is a limited functions edition.
Would like the facilites afforded by this programme, but cannot access them. Any other programme you could recommend? Thanks in advance.

-pops- 07:54 11 Jun 03

If you like, and can get on with, the program why not get the full up to date version click here

This way you would not have to learn a new program and have as many photo processing facilities as you could want.

You can buy online as a download from click here or in a box from most of the UK suppliers e.g. click here

Personally, I can't get on with the program at all but I do know that it is good at what it does.

Brian

MichelleC 08:51 11 Jun 03

I got PhotoImpact7 which is pretty powerful and even makes animations.

hssutton 10:40 11 Jun 03

The only way is up. As Pops says upgrade Photosuite, But like Pops it's a program I dislike, probably the best move would be to Adobes Elements, especially if you think you may get serious about digital photography, and it's a great introduction to Photoshop.

Harry

the GIMP for windows is free and has 90% of the power of photoshop.

Belatucadrus 11:02 11 Jun 03

I use paintshop pro, but if you want a look at the freeware options :-

The Gimp click here

Photoplus 5 click here

Pixia click here

Dogwaffle click here

anchor 15:32 11 Jun 03

I do a lot of photo work, and my personal favourite, (like Belatucadrus), is Paint Shop Pro.

Version 8 has just been released, but I read a recent post on the forum that someone had bought the last update to version 7, (the Anniversary edition), for about £39. Well worth the money.

Andybear 15:49 11 Jun 03

Anchor

It was me who posted that I'd bought Paint Shop Pro 7 Anniversary Edition for £39.99 - from Game. Their web site is click here. You're right, it's well worth the money. I've tried a number of freebies but none can match PSP.

geordielad307 18:07 11 Jun 03

Thanks guys for all your input. Paitsop Pro sounds a good deal. Thanks to you all. Bill.

961 19:39 11 Jun 03

Hint hint....

If you get on well with Photosuite you can buy a platinum edition version 4 for under £20.

Whatever else you go for you will find it more difficult to operate although more capable

I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 2. I've tried Paint Shop Pro and most of the others

I still end up using Photosuite. It's so easy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017