Photoshop & Vista

Dirk Diggler 12:52 19 Jan 09

I recently bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 and wondered if anhyone has had any issues installing it on Vista

Reason I ask is that it installed on my laptop running XP no problem, but my main PC which is running Vista does not seem to like it (despite it saying "For XP & Vista" on the box

When I insert the disc and select the "setup.exe" the installation program runs and goes all the way through and says "Installation Complete" and the new icon appears on my desktop.

However, when I try and start the program I just get the circle "hourglass" for a few seconds and then nothing

As a way of checking if it was the disc or not, I uninstalled the program and downloaded a trial verson of Photoshop Elements 7 direct from the Adobe website

Ran the installer etc and got to the icon on the desktop .... but still the same

So this happened on Elements 6 (disc) and Elements 7 trial (download)

As I said PSE6 installed first time on my XP lappy so surely this must be a Vista issue?

TIA

LANDCRUISER 13:37 19 Jan 09

it may be only for one pc,did you install on xp first,i have version four & it works on my vista pc with no problems at all,try deleting it on xp first then load it for vista & see what happens

eedcam 22:40 19 Jan 09

Ask or check the Faq's on elements own forum
click here@

six-h 00:31 20 Jan 09

Just a thought, since I had similar probs with PSE5 even with the "vista patch".
Try right clicking the Icon, and selecting "Run as Administrator".
Good luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…