Photoshop thumbnails not visible as small images

chesterfield 20:43 19 Apr 05

I recently upgraded from Photoshop 6 to CS and have noticed that my saved files are no longer represented by the photoshop icon and a minature version of the image.

When I right click on any of the files and check properties they are still listed as opening with Photoshop.

This is reall annoying as I have to open the files now before I can see what they are where as before I could tell from the minature image.

Anybody any idea how to sort this?

Thanks

hssutton 22:02 19 Apr 05

I can't remember back to PS 6, so I'm not sure what I did those days, but what is wrong with using the "File Browser" within CS.

This shows thunbnails of all the images in any given folder on any given drive.

chesterfield 22:18 19 Apr 05

Thanks, hadn't even come across this feature yet.

hssutton 10:46 20 Apr 05

You really need to get to grips with the browser, it's an invaluable asset of CS. Are you aware that CS as now been updated?. CS2 will be released in May.

chesterfield 11:20 20 Apr 05

I wasnt! Thanks for updating me.

same prob - photo 7 to CS2 blue/green feathers evrywhere - eaven open from within CS, i ve tried the browser - it does show all but is very slow on a normally rappid machine, if the CS Browser can see them why cant they be displayed in their files - could it be prog access defaults in add & rem.......pls

terryf 00:14 11 Jun 06
  terryf 00:49 11 Jun 06

You actually need psicon.dll_for_Photoshop_CS.zip from
click here to see cs2 thumbnails in explorer
Worked for me

straight over my head, what do i do with rapid share - to make CS2 thumbs to work

terryf 11:09 11 Jun 06

The zip file I found does work, you create a folder programs/adobe/shell and copy the dll file to it and then 2click on the reg file, all the files are inside the zip file which you download to a suitable place (perhaps creat a new folder for it and then unzip using winzip or winrar.It does work with cs2 images shown as thumbnails in explorer. Come back if you need more guidance on how to do it

moved to other thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…